Welcome to the SONEUK Election Page!
The results of the election for SONEUK 4th Executive Committee are as below.
- Election Programme – To download as Excel file, please click here.
- Election Directive – To download as Word file, please click here.
- Nomination Form – To download as Word file, please click here.
- e-ballot (Sample)
- Final List of Candidates
|1||Receive Voter List from EX Committee||15-Aug-20||Saturday||23:59:00|
|2||Publish Voting List||16-Aug-20||Sunday||23:59:00|
|3||Email communication to voters with election schedule||16-Aug-20||Sunday||23:59:00|
|4||Candidate Nomination Start||17-Aug-20||Monday||00:00:00|
|5||Candidate Nomination End||18-Aug-20||Tuesday||23:59:00|
|6||Candidate List Publication||20-Aug-20||Thursday||23:59:00|
|7||Registration of candidate for election campaign||22-Aug-20||Saturday||23:59:00|
|8||Election Campaigning Speech via Zoom (5 min Members, 10min others)||23-Aug-20||Sunday||14:00:00 to 16:00:00|
|10||Publication of Final Candidate list||24-Aug-20||Monday||23:59:00|
|11||Electronics Voting Start||27-Aug-20||Thursday||00:00:00|
|12||Electronic Voting End||28-Aug-20||Friday||23:59:00|
|13||Result Publish (Immediately after AGM)||29-Aug-20||Saturday||AGM Date, 2pm|
|14||Certificate Distribution/Oath||29-Aug-20||Saturday||AGM Date, 2pm|
The election conduct committee 2020 (ECC2020) issues the following directives under the power provided by the executive committee 2018-2020, SONEUK for the sole purpose of conducting an election of the 4th executive committee of SONEUK for 2020-2022.
- The election will be held from 27th August 2020 to 28th August 2020 by using an online system provided by OpaVote (https://www.opavote.com/)
- ECC2020 will treat the final member list provided by the executive committee 2020 as a final voter list for this election. ECC2020 will update the candidate list in the website soneuk.org/members and will notify it to the voters through the email.
- The election will be held for the 5 official positions: Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, General Secretary, Secretary, Treasurer and 4 general members.
- Any SONEUK member listed in the final voter list will be able to submit his/her candidacy for any position of the executive committee nomination with one supporter and one nominator and will be referred as candidate.
- The candidate will have to deposit non-refundable nomination fee of £20 for the contest of official position and £10 for the contest of member position.
- The supporter and the nominator can support and nominate maximum of three candidates respectively.
- ECC2020 will reserve the right to cancel any candidacy during the election and dismiss the results even after the election if it finds any criminal charge against the candidate.
- When the election starts, the voters will receive an email with e-ballots. They can submit the e-ballot only once by selecting their preferred candidates. The voters will have to select one candidate for each official position and four for the member position.
- The voters must not forward the email containing ballot to any other people to cast the vote on their behalf.
- The collected e-ballots will be counted by using most popular traditional method where each voter selects candidates, and the candidate with the largest number of votes is the winner.
- In the case of equal count of winning votes for any positions, the ECC2020 will decide the winner by using toss (Gola Pratha).
- The result of the e-election will be published in the SONEUK website soneuk.org and same will be notified to all the voters through the emails on 29th August 2020.
- ECC2020 will have the final right to give a decision on any dispute regarding this election. The decision can be challenged in the current executive committee and will be, finally, resolved by AGM if necessary.
- ECC2020 will communicate with the voters through its officials email email@example.com and will entertain the response received in the same email address, if necessary. Members are requested to check in junk e-mail in case the e-mail provider send the e-mail to the junk folder.
- By submitting the e-ballot papers the voters will agree all the terms mentioned in this directive.